- 2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1 cup of minced onion
- 1 cup diced bell pepper (I like red)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1 small diced tomato
- 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 to 1 cup of pimento stuffed green olives
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Brown the meat in a skillet on medium heat and season with salt. Then once the meat shows no redness, drain the grease.
- Add onions, garlic and bell pepper to the meat in the skillet and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the meat to the slow cooker and add tomato, cilantro, tomato sauce, 1/4 cup of water, olives and then add the spices.
- Set slow cooker on high for 3 to 4 hours, or low for 6-8.
You'll have a good amount of leftovers if only making it for two! But that's all the better.
Thank you skinnytaste for the introduction to this recipe.